Our copy tone
Copy (written communications) plays an integral role in Ramboll brand communication. Copy, whether for an internal report or a corporate print ad, will be one of the most high profile ways for audiences to form an impression of the brand – so we’d better make sure it’s seriously engaging!
We are interesting
Ramboll has a natural advantage in triggering our audiences’ interest as almost everything we do has an element of intrigue to it – our projects are often large scale, innovative or solve challenges facing society.
- Identify and convey stories or facts that are unique, surprising, or helpful as they will grab the audience’s attention, be memorable, and are more likely to be shared.
- Ensure that copy is relevant to the audience
- Examples of what we do are in place, in full public view, all over the world. So it’s OK to have a little swagger in our talk.
We are approachable
We can lose our audience if sentences are long, convoluted or complicated. We communicate simply and clearly and are transparent.
- Short sentences and words show respect for the reader and their time
- Using language and terminology that our audience understands and can relate to
- Write in a way that is open and invites dialogue with our audience
We have reason to be confident
Our services and solutions make a difference. And examples of what we do are in full public view, all over the world. So it’s ok to have a little swagger in our talk.
- Keep the copy lean and active, and avoiding the passive voice where we can
- Be bold – we have something to say, and dare to say it!
We are passionate
If we can’t get excited about our projects, we can’t expect a reader to be.